16.5.09

Grace Like Rain

Today started out okay, but by noon it was not one of our better days.

Lack of sleep from transitioning Johnny to a "big boy bed" this week caught up with me. My energy level--low to non-existent. The amount of chores and jobs needing attention: High. As in a high pile of laundry and messy house. Oh, and what was that on the horizon? A bad storm coming, a hormone storm, that it.

I hate and despise myself during these times. I don't like to cry in front of others and was out on the grounds with the kids when it hit. I started speed walking to the house with Aubrey on my hip, praying no one would see me or drive up.

Tuan did and could tell something was wrong--

"I-have-to-get-home!" I kept walking and he put Johnny on the cart. (would have made more sense to ride home, but who has sense in these times?)

A cry at home, a hug from my husband and son, then, I'm sure, some silent prayers on his part and he had to go.

Grace rained down. Lunch came together. Children were calm and quiet and played while I finished tackling some chores. We read a story and they went to sleep followed soon by me. They've been asleep for several hours and I've had time to just be. To be quiet, to read, to catch up on a show, to do laundry. I'm much better, though I could cry at any sad thing that crosses my path.

And, my husband put a Papa John's pizza in the fridge while we were sleeping--can I say how much I love this man?

The rain coming down outside is renewing and soothing. I am so grateful to God who knew my needs and provided much better circumstances this afternoon. I'm looking forward to J and A waking up and for some good family time. God is so personal in his care for us.

Jehovah Jireh--
My Provider!
His grace is sufficient for me!

My God shall supply all my needs
according to his riches in glory.
He gives his angels charge over me.
Jehovah Jireh cares for me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula. Its Julia Sanford Fortenberry. Just wanted to say that I found a link for your blog on Elizabeth and Joey's blog and I decided to have a look. Your post today totally called out to me, ha. Having 2 kids (had my 2nd in Jan) has really changed me and made my life so crazy at times. So I just wanted to say that I feel your pain over life, motherhood, cleaning, cooking, etc. Feel free to email me sometime (juliakendel@yahoo.com) to compare "crazy" days:)