4.6.14

#campwifelife

I love the idea of hashtags and while I don't use them on Facebook or Instagram, I'm always throwing them out in my head. #campwifelife is one of my growing mental hashtags. Here is one example.

My husband came home this morning before I was even fully awake asking for a "sacrificial basket for the loaves and the fishes" that he could use for some camp teaching purpose. I was stumbling around trying to find a basket when the word "sacrificial" registered.

"What do you mean 'sacrificial'? I won't get it back?
"probably not"

My first thought was, no you can't have one of my baskets. I need them. They are pretty. Are you crazy? Then a soft and gentle conviction came to me: "will you sacrifice even your home decor for the sake of the gospel?" hmm. That's one of MY most treasured areas, for sure.

This was by no means a heart-piercing, mega-moment of spirituality, don't be mislead; but it certainly gave me pause and I grabbed a "sacrificial basket for the loaves and the fishes",  emptied of it's contents and handed it over cheerfully.

I've been thinking about this a little bit. What am I willing to lay down, give away and let go for the sake of the gospel? So far, I've been asked little. Will I be faithful in the small things? Will I be faithful in the big things? I pray that the Lord will give me the grace to do so. 

What is is like to be a camp wife? Well, sometimes your husband pops home and asks for a "sacrificial basket for the loaves and the fishes" and you give one up for the sake of the Gospel of Jesus. 

#campwifelife


No comments: